Subject: Re: [Leica] Fiji Island Photo
From: Gerald Hsu <gerald@ha2mpka.eng.sun.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 12:33:38 -0700 (PDT)

>As you were using both the R and M cameras, I initial thought you were
>shooting street pics with the latter but later found that you use the
>cameras interchangeably.   Many of these could have been shot with both
>systems.

>What make you decide on which camera to use when the choice is not that
>obvious?

Dan:

Well, I find it painful to travel with more than one system as it tends to slow
me down and I have a tendency to *think* less when strapped with multiple
systems and lenses around my neck. Eventually my goal is to be able to shoot the
M only but in the meantime, the excellent long apo glasses of the R, macro, MLU,
filters usage convenience with the R (shooting my meterless M3 with a polarizer
is almost as painful as doing a job of 4x5)... will be hard for me to live
without. So at Fiji the R was my primary system camera and I used M only for
people and street shots. I must say that if I'm left with one camera body and
one lens, I would take my M3 with the 50mm Summicron plus a Gossen LPD. I've
forced myself on many occasions to take that combo only and came back with
better images since I think more when so equipped.

Best of lights,

Gerald Hsu