Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica and coming digital age
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 16:40:43 -0700

- --------------9B914D0CBCBC5087AE254F92

I have begun working on a large project doing creative direction and writing as well as photography
and discussed with the video producer the possibility of doing the testimonial interviews in BW.  He
loved the idea, but said we would have to shoot film, not digital, because the tape just won't hold
the tonal ranges and will look cheap.  The film can be transfer to tape after shooting for editing,
but the original had to be film to create the rich tones.  Interesting.

donal
- --
Donal Philby
San Diego