Subject: Re: [Leica] Special Edition M6s
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 02:11:38 -0700

Jeremy Kime wrote:

> Dan,
> Perhaps there should be a raft of prices for these new enamel M6s , which as
> you note, could reflect the greater apparent worth in more worn product...
> For example, brand new perfect:         $3500
> new, imperfect (seconds)        $4000
> s/h imperfect                   $4500
> s/h, worn out, bruised and broken$5000
> Sounds good to me! ;-)
>
> Jem

Black enamel Leica's are already out there being used everyday. They have
history. They seem usable. Nothing wrong with shooting with a distinctive,
fancy, pricier camera. It's still a usable tool. OK it's got a little emblem on
it! so does my polo shirt. (makes it looks like I got into the polo club!)
There are people who think of everything as an investment. ..keep their
paintings in darkened rooms. Money is the beginning and the end.
Even If I won the ultra pricier Ein Stuck at the last LHSA Denver meeting. I
would have a hard time restraining myself.
"Ok, I'll loose some money I'll take it out of the box."
"Ok, just one roll, indoors, and I'll stay in carpeted rooms."
"Ok, maybe just one more roll in my backyard"
Next thing you know it would be brassy (or Zincy) and I'd be throwing it into
the tool chest in the back of my pickup.
Mark Rabiner
	would need to buy a pickup first.