Subject: RE: [Leica] Canon 28 or 35.
From: Jeremy Kime <jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 21:53:44 +0100

Jean-Claude,
I do beg your pardon, when I wrote 'hyperfocal', I should have been more
careful and written 'chosen distances', or some such. Cartier Bresson would
shoot knowing that his lens was set to a certain distance, it certainly
wasn't neccersary for his pictures to be sharp to infinity, he was usually
interested in action some 6-9 feet (2-3m) from the camera. As you say, the
use of the rangefinder was something that I doubt he used much. Once you are
practised in estimating distances it does not require checking through the
rangefinder window, you can keep your eye (if at all) at the viewfinder.

Jem