Subject: [Leica] Test and introduction
From: Ericplatt@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 18:35:04 EDT

First off, the main reason I am sending this is to see if I have the list
address right.

Second, I am new to the list, so I thought I'd introduce myself (yawn!)

I'm Eric Platt, and, yes, I will admit, I am a Leica M user.  I currently
have an M4-P.  Yes, I realize the camera is probably the most hated ever in
the line, but it's all I could afford (it was cheaper than any others I had
been looking at).  I had previously owned Leica R gear (which was traded for
the M) and also played with a Minolta CLE for a while.

BTW, does anyone else notice the meters going out on the CLE?  I've tried a
couple and the meters seem to be all over the place.

The two lenses I shoot with at present are a DR50/2 (1957 or so) and a 90/2.8
(very late 60's early 70's).  Eventually (when the funds are available), I
will either add a 35/2.8 or a 35/2 to this.

I mainly take railroad themed photos (okay, I'm a railfan), although recently
I have been trying to become a more "rounded" shooter.

I do have what is probably a worn out question, though.  On my M-4P I have
had a tough time so far keeping the 90 framelines in view.  One side or the
other seems to fade out when I'm shooting.  Is this a "natural" fault of the
camera, or is possibly mine dirty inside?  I do wear glasses but I'm not sure
that has an effect, as the 50 comes through loud and clear.

Some other totally irrelevant personal views: I care not one bit about the
tape issue; I carry my gear in a backpack with no extra padding and I have no
grandiose plans to ever see my work in print.

Sorry for the lengthy babble.  I do need to edit myself better.

Eric Platt
St. Paul, MN