Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: Special Edition M6s
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 1999 00:31:50 +0200

Mark,

The nice thing about some of the Leica R lenses is that they are reasonably inexpensive (obviously a relative
term when speaking of Leica). I paid around $900 for my 60mm macro, around $350 for my 180mm Elmarit, and the
other long lens I want, the 6.8/400mm Telyt, can also be found for hundreds as opposed to thousands. The only
really expensive lens in my immediate R future is the 28mm shift lens. Of course I would love to own the
100mm macro or the 180mm Summicron, but the older lenses are just fine--for examples of what the Telyt can
do, see Doug Herr's bird photos at:

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/telyt/

Nathan

Mark Rabiner wrote:

> By the way my life support system for an 35mm SLR or reason for having one would
> be exactly what yours is, the logical one: macro and longer telephoto. Nikon
> makes the 200 macro which consolidates that issue. Which means holding on to a
> Nikon body which won't kill me. Maybe Leica will come out with one by then or a
> macro 180. Also the longer than 200 Leica lenses get sky high price wise. If I
> ever get into that price bracket the first thing I would get would be the new
> 300 ASPH or what ever they call it for the Hasselblad for a mear $20,000.
> Mark Rabiner

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium