Subject: Re: [Leica] A most daring proposition.
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 1999 15:10:23 -0400

At 01:56 PM 8/1/1999 -0400, Edward Meyers, Esteemed individual, good
friend, wrote:
>But I witnessed the "putting together" of M bodies in the
>Wetzlar works in 1962 and 1966. Parts were actually fitted
>precisely from a number of slightly different sizes. hand fitted
>is the term to use. This was something I was shown to indicate
>high quality of product. It's what gave the products their
>reputation (at least some of it).

Did they show you the wooden hammers which they used to make the parts fit?
 I understand Hasselbald still uses these.  Leica, by going to outside
suppliers, has obviated the need for such wooden hammers!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!