Subject: [Leica] Re: Darkroom to Digital and unrelated matters
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@gusta.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 1999 10:30:01 -0400

At 10:36 PM 8/5/99 +1000, you wrote:
>Hey guys,
>
>Anybody going to stand up for the darkroom?

I have no intention of switching to digital so I can't comment on the
supposed "advantages." But then I don't have to meet deadlines or produce
huge quantities of prints.

I do have a long term concern with digital- that of longevity. I have a box
full of wire recordings in my garage. Can anyone "convert" them? Tried
reading an 8" floppy lately?

Yes, I know that digital storage can be converted to new media when storage
devices change. The question is "Will they be converted"? I suspect than
many fine images will be lost.

Ken Wilcox
Ken Wilcox					Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LAW LHSA MEA			  		                <wilcox@gusta.net>