Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Darkroom to Digital and unrelated matters
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 1999 11:15:38 -0400

YEA! DARKROOMS!
Soon as I get mine back together, I won't have to go over to my friend Bob's
house to print! Of course, he has a very nice setup... a Saunders 4x5
enlarger, huge sink, and it is convenient... er, anyway, there is something
magical about seeing the image appear in the tray, even after 35 years!
For 'quickies' to send on the internet to friends and family, or 'down and
dirty' quick prints, the digital stuff is quick, easy and fun. However,
there still is some magic in getting your fingers wet, the smell of the
paper ( Agfa Brovira used to have a faint clove like smell!), the fixer, the
stop, and the hot enlarger head! Heady stuff!
Yes, Gareth,Old Cobber, I am with you on this and that's fair dinkum, as
they say (I think!)
Dan
(Are you ever too old to try and get the Sheilas to doff their duds, and
bare their buds?)