Subject: [Leica] New (?) Leica brochure
From: Piet Schelling <piet.schelling@cmg.nl>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 15:43:42 +0200

Dear Luggers,

This morning I visited the Dutch Leica distributor for an adjustment of the
range finder of my M6TTL 0.72 (perfect and fast service provided!).I
received a copy of a new (at least to me) brochure of the M camera called
(German language): "Leica M, Wie revolutionär darf Ihr Leica sein?". The
brochure of about 60 pages covering the Leica M system has the famous
photograph (made with M2 according to the brochure) of Che Guevara at the
cover. The brochure contains a lot of photographs made with M cameras (I
assume) and of M cameras, lenses, etc. Most "exciting" news to me is the
fact that brochure shows a large photograph of a (silver) chrome M6TTL
(large shutter dial) with 0.85 viewfinder (according to the engraving at the
view finder window). The Leica web page does not refer to this version.

I found this worth posting although it might not be hot news at all (please
forgive me and ignore this posting in the latter case).

Regards,

Piet Schelling