Subject: [Leica] why Leitz/Leica doesn't use MTF publication sought...
From: Robert Monaghan <rmonagha@post.cis.smu.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 01:45:06 -0500 (CDT)

I have heard a reference to a well reasoned argument against use of MTF
charts in photography (e.g., fails to consider field curvature...)
published by Leitz, explaining why they don't promote MTF testing. Can
anyone provide a reference to this publication? Is it possible there is a
copy posted online (even better ;-) If not, does someone have a copy I
can arrange to have photocopied (via email rmonagha@post.smu.edu) ???
- - thanks!
bobm