Subject: [Leica] R8 flash sync update
From: Dave Yoder <leica@home.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 23:48:02 -0700

If anyone was following my sorry experiences with my R8 flash sync plug,
Turns out Leica was right, that it does work--just not with any of the four
Norman packs I tried it on. It does work with a Lumedyne pack and with the
Normans when I use a radio remote.

Carol from Leica returned my call about it within an hour, saying that
according to my serial number, my R8 was a later model with a better
resistor and does NOT need a voltage regulator. So I guess some do, some
don't. And no matter what they don't work on Normans, though every other
camera does...

But it is good to know it's working, kinda...

Dave Y.