Subject: [Leica] Re: enlargers - V35 in particular
From: pieter@world.std.com (Pieter Bras)
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 03:50:58 -0400

Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> wrote:

> From its introduction in 1978 until 1981, the V-35 was offered in a less
> costly version with the 2.5/50 Rodenstock Ysaron enlarging lens.  I
> believe this was also autofocus and I don't believe it used a different
> camming arrangement:  the 2.8/40 WA-Focotar was sold as a simple
> screw-in upgrade for these V-35's.

Has anyone actually tried this "simple screw-in upgrade"?

I don't see how the same cam can be used to focus both a 40mm and a
50mm lens.

There is also the question of the enlargement scale that would be
calibrated differently for the two focal lengths.

According to the V35 instruction book, V35's with the 50mm lens could be
upgraded to the 40mm lens, but this required sending the enlarger back
to Leitz.

Rudolph Seck's "Leica Darkroom Practice" (page 45) also states that
"This changeover can only be carried out in Leitz workshops."

- --
Pieter Bras