Subject: Re: [Leica] ?1.4 Tele-converter-R??
From: Bud Cook <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 18:43:06 -0500

Bob,

It may be that the only extender you can use is the 2X SL/SL-2 extender.
These permit use with a lens at working aperture and are required for use on
Leicaflexes.  They also work on R bodies but you must meter at the working
aperture.

These extenders are more difficult to find used than the 2X R extender and
cost more (if you can find one).

If you ever get one of these, let me recommend that you try something.  Use it
with the Macro Elmarit and you'll get a 120mm f/5.6 Macro Elmarit that
converts the 60 into a 1:1 macro and gives you twice the camera to subject
distance.  Works great except for two dimensional subjects.

I have one of these extenders and was getting ready to sell it when I read the
instructions for it again and discovered it's use with the Macro Elmarit.

Bud Cook