Subject: Re: [Leica] CL Leica Stealth Mode
From: "Paul Schiemer" <schiemer@magicnet.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 17:51:50 -0400

Mark Rabiner wrote:
> Your CL has that click when your meter arm swings in and out that the M's
>don't have. I believe the camera is a bit less quiet than the M's because of
>that.

In a situation like standing at the right hand of the Pope during Christmas
Mass.... well I guess that little dip of the lever to turn on the meter
might get noticed. I've not heard that particular 'click' myself (could it
be my CL is BROKEN?) oh sht

Nope; went and tested it (purely subjectively) and it is not 'clicking' when
I move the lever to turn on the meter (maybe because I've got a TA soft
touch installed?)
Set it down next to the M6HM, fired both off one after the other- it's so
damn close in db I'd have to call it a tie.
[If required I'll take out my SPL and B&K mic to measure exact amplitude;
but to this trained ear I think it's about the same, if not leaning a little
in favor of the CL because it has less physical area to act as a sounding
board through mechanical coupling.]
It might be like splitting hairs on a gnats ass though??