Subject: [Leica] a MUST read [w/Leica!] LEGAL STUFF
From: "Paul Schiemer" <schiemer@magicnet.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 18:43:04 -0400

Don't ask why I was reviewing the Florida Rules of Civil Procedure.
But revel in this little gem I discovered hidden therein:
[I quote verbatim]

RULE 2.170 Standards of Conduct and Technology Governing Media and Still
Photography Coverage of Judicial Proceedings.
  b.) Sound & Light Criteria
    2.  Only still camera equipment that does not produce distracting sound
or light shall be used to cover judicial proceedings.  Specifically, such
still camera equipment shall produce no greater sound or light than a 35mm
Leica "M" range finder camera, and no artificial lighting device of any kind
shall be used in conjunction with still cameras.

I thought of you guys when I read that, even laughed aloud!
What do you want to bet the guy who wrote it has an "M" with Noctilux?

Thought you'd get a grin out of it.

[It's funny too that I wasn't allowed into the courtroom with my M6 over my
shoulder. Guard said, "it can be used as a weapon" when I asked him why not.
"Whataya mean, a weapon?" I ask incredulously.  He takes the strap and
demonstrates a swinging arc with it (albeit abbreviated by my quickly
grabbing the camera from him). Idle minds I guess.]