Subject: [Leica] Leica CL / Minolta CLE
From: Kevin H <kevin@2image.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 20:39:59 -0700

I have some basic questions on the CL/CLE . . . I know, check the archives ---
Where are they?  (New lister).

Quick background --
Looking for a small interchangeable lens camera to complement my 35mm Contax slr
and Mamiya 7 gear.  I am interested in the 15mm Heliar, 35mm f2 ASPH to start,
then a 24mm and a 75 or 90mm.

Several basic questions:
Frame lines? Will meter work with the Heliar? CL vs CLE -- In practice, how much
'better' is the CLE (meter, etc)?

Why not an M6? -- Trying keep it as small as possible, and prefer shooting in AE
mode.

How about a new Leica rangefinder with a few more features, something similar to
the CLE -- this might compete nicely with the G2 -- and from the Contax list --
G owners are suggesting a manual wind G series camera.  Sounds like a
combination of G and M6 features would make a nice camera.

Sorry if I am suggesting blasphemy to the purists -- Obviously new to the list
- -- (I promise pick up some single malt next bike trip to the liquor store  -- if
that helps).
K.