Subject: [Leica] Rolleiflex
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 10:31:49 +1000

XXXXXXXXXXXXX
I put the results down to age/quality of the camera but maybe it was me.
Anyone else used one of these?

With all this talk of MF I'll have to put a Rolleiflex back on my list of
want's.
XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Jason,

I love my Rollei's, but one of the "adjustment" problems is the front lens
stage can become "wonky". If it does, the upper lens will not focus the
lower lens accurately. Rollei's were often used by pro's and had thousands
of rolls put through them. They are "difficult" to repair, and there are
many out there with botchy repair jobs. 'cords were often less abused, but
yours may have had a knock.

So what to do? Buy something that has been serviced by an expert or comes
with a decent warranty period, or is so cheap you can afford to have it
serviced. Harry Fleenor would be a good starting point, though I've lost
his address at the moment.

Cheers

Alastair Firkin