Subject: [Leica] Nikon v Leica
From: "Deborah Dion" <dkdion@home.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 17:06:55 -0400

- --MS_Mac_OE_3018964015_70494_MIME_Part

>I don't want to begin a Nikon vs Leica war, but I would be curious to know how
>you determined that the 75 Summilux is not as sharp as the Nikon 85

I would think it depends on which Nikkor 85. The new 1.4 is supposed to be
outstanding. But I doubt it's significantly sharper than the Summilux. That
lens, used properly is amazing, though sharpness isn't even it's
outstanding performance point. So I guess this topic is moot. Enjoy it for
what it is. It's sharp enough, when used properly!

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

Just a quick note in response to above. I finally got the new Nikkor 85mm1.4
and it is outstanding.
Debby Dion
dkdion@home.com
- --MS_Mac_OE_3018964015_70494_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Nikon v Leica</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR=3D"#FFFFFF">
<TT>&gt;I don't want to begin a Nikon vs Leica war, but I would be curious =
to know how<BR>
&gt;you determined that the 75 Summilux is not as sharp as the Nikon 85<BR>
<BR>
I would think it depends on which Nikkor 85. The new 1.4 is supposed to be =
<BR>
outstanding. But I doubt it's significantly sharper than the Summilux. That=
 <BR>
lens, used properly is amazing, though sharpness isn't even it's <BR>
outstanding performance point. So I guess this topic is moot. Enjoy it for =
<BR>
what it is. It's sharp enough, when used properly!<BR>
<BR>
Eric Welch<BR>
St. Joseph, MO<BR>
<BR>
Just a quick note in response to above. I finally got the new Nikkor 85mm1.=
4 and it is outstanding.<BR>
Debby Dion <BR>
dkdion@home.com</TT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

- --MS_Mac_OE_3018964015_70494_MIME_Part--