Subject: [Leica] Reply to new Nikkor 85mm 1.4
From: "Deborah Dion" <dkdion@home.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 09:14:21 -0400

- --MS_Mac_OE_3019022061_384793_MIME_Part

>Just a quick note in response to above. I finally got the new Nikkor
>85mm1.4 and it is outstanding.

Eric Welch asked:

Is it solid like older Nikon lenses, or is it kind of plasticky like some
newer AF lenses? (The current 60 Micro Nikkor being wonderfully solid!)

The lens feels solid and the focus (set on manual) is easy. It's got some
heft; it weighs about 20 oz. It's been over 5 years since I've had any older
Nikkor lenses so I can't compare to them. I'd love to do a comparison with
my 90mm M lens. The only other Nikkor/Leica comparison that I've done is
with the 50mm f2 M lens on an M6 to a Nikkor 28-70mm zoom set at 50mm on an
F100. Same film, same shot, same developing. The Leica blew the Nikon
away... I'll let you know when I get to shoot some more with the Nikkor.

Debby Dion
- --MS_Mac_OE_3019022061_384793_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Reply to new &nbsp;Nikkor 85mm 1.4</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR=3D"#FFFFFF">
<TT>&gt;Just a quick note in response to above. I finally got the new Nikko=
r <BR>
&gt;85mm1.4 and it is outstanding.<BR>
<BR>
Eric Welch asked:<BR>
<BR>
Is it solid like older Nikon lenses, or is it kind of plasticky like some <=

newer AF lenses? (The current 60 Micro Nikkor being wonderfully solid!)<BR>
<BR>
The lens feels solid and the focus (set on manual) is easy. It's got some h=
eft; it weighs about 20 oz. It's been over 5 years since I've had any older =
Nikkor lenses so I can't compare to them. I'd love to do a comparison with m=
y 90mm M lens. The only other Nikkor/Leica comparison that I've done is with=
 the 50mm f2 M lens on an M6 to a Nikkor 28-70mm zoom set at 50mm on an F100=
. Same film, same shot, same developing. The Leica blew the Nikon away... I'=
ll let you know when I get to shoot some more with the Nikkor.<BR>
<BR>
Debby Dion</TT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

- --MS_Mac_OE_3019022061_384793_MIME_Part--