Subject: Re: [Leica] 'R' to 'EOS' Adapter?
From: kabob@tiac.net (Bob Keene/Karen Shehade)
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 08:28:01 -0400

Since a few folks have asked about this I'll copy this reply I made to one
individual, for the good of the "collective"  :)

Lens focuses to infinity just fine-
Auto diaphram is disabled, I use my A2 either on 'P' or on 'Av'; camera
operates in Aperture priority mode- sets shutter speed depending on what
aperture you have the lens stopped down to. The EOS viewfinders are pretty
bright- I don't find I have a problem focusing until around f8-11, then it
gets abit dim. Of course if your indoors then focusing can get dim by f5.6!
Or can use in 'M' mode with manual metering (all metering seems to default
to center weighted)
Novoflex makes them (sold through Calumet), but I got mine through Dr
Joseph Yao (on the LUG) who got it made by a craftsman in the Hong Kong
area- it cost around $100 with shipping.
I've used it with extremely satisfactory results!

regards,

Bob Keene