Subject: Re: [Leica] fb vs rc
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 15:11:09 -0700

Christer Almqvist wrote:

> >For me RC makes great contact sheets period.
> >Mark Rabiner
>
> Given the fact (?) that the most important dark room tool is the dust bin,
> RC paper allows me use this tool more frequently than FB, both time-wise
> and money-wise, thus helping me on my road to that perfectly exposed print
> with all those shadow details and non-blocked up highlights.
>
> (I use Kodak Polymax II because it stays  flat in my Paterson print washer
> during the whole washing process; Ilford RC paper tends to buckle and I
> never know if the whole print has been adequately washed unless I watch it
> constantly.)
>
> Chris
>
> --
> christer almqvist
Hi Christer!
I know a guy who makes 8 by 10 RC prints and calls them "Workprints" so when he
gets around to making his 16 by 20's down the road on the back it says: "A tad
more contrast and lighten up overall density" depending. A great idea except
he's showing me the work prints. Jobo sent me a thing this week in the mail all
kinds of full color layouts and the processor caught my eye. Would be nice to
stick your RC print and have it come out the other side in less than a minute!
There is something to be said for quick and immediate gratification to sharpen
our sensibilities and make us want MORE! Screw the blacks!
I've had the same tray siphon for thirty years. The Loch Nest Monster may have
laid eggs in it.
When I made some RC's a few weeks ago I found myself just as tired when I was
done. And I did just as much. But RC's are less labor intensive. For me it's a
labor of hate instead of love though at this point.
Mark Rabiner