Subject: Re: [Leica] Metering reversal
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 10:55:36 -0700

Bud Cook wrote:

> Let me point out that there are major differences in the way you meter
> for color reversal film vs. print film.  You cannot state a specific
> method for one and expect it to work for the other.
>
> Just MHO of course.
> Bud

If you're referring to my little description yesterday and possibly Christer's
reply you're darn right I think both of us forgot to qualify that specifically.
We're such hard core black and white guys!
For Chromes (I hate that word) I meter the lighter areas and then open up
between a half and a full stop. I think of these as "non wash out" areas, areas
that will result in an unusable slide if rendered washed out. The sky is a big
example. Gotta be something resembling blue. Can't be white. Darker tones are
going to fall where they may. I'm going to learn "Multiscanning" to deal with it.
Mark Rabiner