Subject: Re: [Leica] Enlarger lamps....
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 1999 13:13:34 -0400

Darkroom enthusiasts-

I have tried one of the Philips' "Halogena" bulbs in my VALOY; it has a
plain frosted end, puts out 2650 lumens, is small, and even at 150W it
doesn't seem to heat up the enlarger all that much.
It seems to give an even and bright illumination throuh the condenser, and
is nice and bright- brighter by almost two stops when I measured the light
at the front of the lens compared to the no. 211 bulb.
I was wondering if anyone has tried this lamp/bulb in their own enlargers?
At less than $4 at the hardware store, it looks like an easy to find, bright
alternative to the regular enlarger lamps....
Dan