Subject: Re: [Leica] M and R Future
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 1999 23:36:20 -0700

Simon Stevens wrote:
><Snip>
> Unfortunatly this criticism includes most of the R models and especially
> the R8. If I wanted to carry a camera that huge, I'd just use my
> Hasselblad. Leicas are meant to be small, that's the whole reason Oskar
> invented them in the first place!
>
> Simon Stevens
I think it's easy to underestimate the feel of the R8. I think it quickly (like
the Hasselblad) doesn't feel too big. But you need to take it out and shoot a
few rolls with it to know for sure. I think it's a worthy design for a machine
that makes 24 by 36 mm images. But on the long run I'm not sure if the world
will ever think so. It's just not a casual camera.
Mark Rabiner