Subject: Re: [Leica] M and R Future
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 09:13:03 EDT

mrabiner@concentric.net writes:

<< I think it's easy to underestimate the feel of the R8. I think it quickly
(like
 the Hasselblad) doesn't feel too big. >>

With a winder I found it ok, but the features is has over the R7 just don't
seem to require such an increase in mass.  Without the winder I found it
*very* uncomfortable to grip (too thick front-to-back) while I was using the
thumb to wind.  All the other SLRs with the "fat" grips have motor winders
built-in and the shutter release is out front at about a 45 degree angle.