Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: M and R Future
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 15:16:56 -0400

At 09:51 AM 9/7/1999 -0700, Roger Beamon wrote:
>Wanna look at the archives and see what you wrote about the
>lens a couple of weeks or so ago, Marc?

Sorry, Roger, but you're wrong, wrong, wrong.  I said it was a $500 lens.
That much, and no more.  I objected then, and object now, on the basis of
all I have seen of the lens's products, to saying it is the most wonderful
extreme wide-angle lens ever developed for the Leica.  The 8/15 and 8/16
Hologon pictures I have seen certainly are far better products than are
those from this "Skoparex" or whatever horror of a name they have given it.

For $500, you get a $500 lens.  No more, no less.  Not bad for the price.
But certainly not a world-beater.

If that sounds like "dislike", well, Roger, I suspect you are putting new
meanings to the term.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!