Subject: [Leica] Galen Rowell and Nikon
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 17:56:36 -0300

I saw one of Galens slide shows in Calgary in July.  I was not impressed
with the images, technically or asthetically.  The consensus amongst the
attendees that saw the show was that they too were not impressed with the
quality of the images.  Nikon should perhaps pay him to not use their
cameras :-)  A lot of the images were not that sharp and others looked
manipulated digitally. The loss in image quality may be from this and
perhaps the viewing of dupes rather than originals.

On another note, Galen is surprisingly short when you see him in person.  I
would guess he is under 5.5 feet tall.  The images you see of him do not
portray his height as being that short.  Not that height has anything to do
with a persons skills, but it just seemed paradoxical for a well travelled
adventurer to be so short.  I guess the Indianna Jones movies have us
programmed to expect these adventures to be taller.

Regards,

Robert