Subject: [Leica] Lenses - What is the best for travel photography
From: achurak@cusa.canon.com
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 99 14:59:28 -0500

       Hello all,

         In reading the posts on the LUG about what lenses for
         travel photography, I choose the following combination
         for the M6 camera system that I have just purchased.

         For wideangle lenses  - the 35mm F/1.4 Summilux-m
         ASPH in black. I normally use the 35mm in the old
         Nikon F2 system that I currently use.

         For standard lenses - the 50mm F/2 Summicron-m
         in black. I have the 50mm as a backup lens if the
         35mm gets trashed.

         For Moderate telephoto lenses - the 90mm F/2.8
         Elmarit-m in black.
         The 90mm will be my moderate telephoto lens.
         I did not need the expense, or the weight,  of the 90 mm F/2
         APO Summicron-m ASPH , or  the 75mm F/1.4 Summilux-m.

         Thanks to all on the LUG for their comments in the
         above matter.

         Thanks you.

         Andrew Churak

         Opions are mine and not of my employer.