Subject: [Leica] New M6 what model
From: achurak@cusa.canon.com
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 99 14:58:48 -0500

       Hello all,

         I finally took the plunge and purchased a
         Leica M6. In evaluating the models, I spoke to users
         about the M6 TTL .85 vs the M6 TTL .72 and
         choose the M6 TTL .72 finder. The major reason was
         I was having a hard problem in seeing the frame lines
         with the .85 finder, and that the body is only available
         in black. With the .72 finder the frame lines were
         easier to see. The M6 top cover is only zinc and the
         chrome will wear better than the black finish.

         In my experience with chrome cameras - the Nikon F2
         series. The chrome always wore better than the black
         finish.

         I purchased the rapid winder by Tom Abrahamsson.
         It is a great combination with the M6 body.

         Thanks to all on the LUG for their comments in the
         above matter, and replying to me privately via e-mail.

         Andrew Churak

         Opions are mine and not of my employer.