Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V11 #60
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 21:17:58 -0500

At 01:03 AM 9/12/99 +0200, Bert wrote:
>I wonder what Eddie Adams
>thinks (does he still live?) of this particular photo.

Yes, he's around. Shoots mostly for Parade Magazine now. (Cough, gag). And
he runs the Eddie Adams Photojournalism Workshop, which is for students and
professionals with less than two years experience.

 From what I read about the execution photo, he wishes he hadn't taken it,
in some senses. He says he ruined the shooter's life. And before you decide
that's the wrong sentiment, remember it was war. And the guy he's shooting
had just killed someone close to him. Or something like that. The guy moved
to Washington, D.C. and started a restaurant. And never lived it down.
Which I personally don't think is all that bad. There is no excuse for  an
execution like that. But I wasn't there to judge the facts, I'll leave that
to a higher court.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

I don't get no respect. I called a suicide prevention line and they tried
to talk me into it.  -- Rodney Dangerfield