Subject: Re: [Leica] Plastic Aspheric Lens Elements
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 08:35:51 -0500

At 12:31 AM 9/12/99 -0700, Art Sala wrote:
>Of the lens manufacturers who include aspherical lens elements in their
>lens design, who uses plastic and who uses glass?  Leica...plastic or
>glass?  Canon?  Nikon?  Zeiss?

Canon uses three types. Glass, plastic and glass/plastic hybrid. It doesn't
matter which. Plastic can work as well as glass. It just depends on how
creative the designer is. Plastics are not as simple as they used to be.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

I don't get no respect. I called a suicide prevention line and they tried
to talk me into it.  -- Rodney Dangerfield