Subject: Re: [Leica] Plastic Aspheric Lens Elements
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 10:14:48 -0400

At 07:13 AM 9/12/1999 -0400, Andre Jean Quintal wrote:
>	--> it seems HOYA controls the technology
>	that allows to make larger aspheric glass elements
>	and that some of their work or technology
>	is used by Leica.

I don't believe this is right.  The basic methodology was developed by a
consortium of European manufacturers headed up by Docter Optic
Technologies.  I believe Hoya licenses the technology from Docter.  I know
that the method used by Leica is the Docter technique.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!