Subject: [Leica] Fill Flash (an aside)
From: "Johnny Deadman" <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 21:49:11 +0100

> For sure this is what polaroids and assistants are for. When you have no
> help from either of these - good luck!

Luckily, I am free of both polaroids and assistants. I tried pro photography
for a while and found (a) the stuff I did didn't pay (b) I went out with a
completely different attitude when I was shooting 'for' somebody else and
(c) my pictures were worse. Luckily, the same didn't apply with writing. Now
I am happy to be a professional writer and amateur photographer. I once
asked a photographer I admired deeply (Nick Nixon) who he did most of his
work for and he replied 'for myself'. I thought that was a good answer.

- --
Johnny Deadman

"The obscure man's reflections may be aw wise as the rich cheese-maker's, on
everything but cheese" - Haskins