Subject: [Leica] Funny Funky Nikon thing
From: "Paul Schiemer" <schiemer@magicnet.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 17:27:10 -0400

Today I had to use my old Nikkormat after way too long.
It's funny (to me) considering the vast difference between Leicas and the
"N" word cameras.
"N"s are built solid enough, but they are just plain funky.
The elegance we all yammer about when talking Leicas really comes into play
when you simply change a lens on one. It's sooo different!
It's about fine machinery (even if sometimes it breaks), the tolerances are
profoundly disparate.
I yanked out one of my old SS M3's, just to compare (the M3 is a lot older
than the Nikkormat); they both make art okay, but one of them IS art.

I guess we have to rise to the challenge and make GREAT art with our Leicas?