Subject: Re: [Leica] Planning to get an M3
From: "Roger L. Bunting" <rlbunting@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 19:54:56 -0500

Peter,

My double stroke M3 was converted many (20) years ago to a single stroke
when I needed to have the shutter repaired. I had no trouble adjusting
to the DS or readjusting to a SS operation. While in for that repair I
also had both flash syncs converted to X syncs. At that time, Leitz told
me that viewfinder separation was starting to occur - this year during a
CLA, they told me the same thing. Seems like at least on this camera, VF
separation progresses slowly. If the price is right I can't think of a
better camera that is optimized for 50mm lens usage.

Regards,

Roger

PS. I did use my preview lever quite a bit when I had a MR4 meter
mounted on the camera. I've since given that up for a preferred handheld
(Sekonic 308). Other than that, I've never had a need for the preview
lever.