Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica US's B. S.----More
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 17:27:43 -0500

At 10:13 AM 9/15/99 -0700, Bill Erfurth wrote:
>Always keep in mind that Leica equipment that passes
>through the Leica USA warehouse is resold at an
>inflated price.

Oh, what horrible people! They want to pay salaries and keep a repair shop
open! They want to do some advertising so people buy Leicas. :-)

Okay, so they don't do it very well at this point. Give the reorganization
some time to let the heads roll. This is something every camera importer
does. One man's inflated is another's reasonable profit that keeps them
solvent.

And Leica needs not apologize for making a profit off their cameras. This
Wal Mart bargain basement style marketing in the USA is going to kill any
kind of quality of life we still have some semblance of - including Leica.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

"A lot of people face adversity by asking, "How would
Jesus have dealt with this?" But that doesn't help me
much, because I doubt Jesus ever had bad credit."