Subject: [Leica] M3 question
From: "sam" <salex@idt.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 09:43:46 -0400

            <<<Inquiring minds want to know. The high magnifacation finder
of the M3 is  appealing (as a later purchase) but less so if it means
stone-age film loading.>>>>>

I have and use an M3 (without the rapid load kit), along with my M6's.
Yes the loading is more complex. . .but can be mastered fairly quickly.
In addition, I have, when going out for a day shoot, pre-attached two or
three rolls of film to additional takeup spools. . . preparing these
beforehand, you can have the exact amount of film between cassette and
takeup spool, making a kind of drop in unit. Thus prepared, dropping the
film and spool unit in is nearly as quick as loading the M6.

sam alexander