Subject: Re: [Leica] Consistent underexposure - what am I (a newbie) doing wrong?
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 21:56:58 +0200

From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Sent: Saturday, September 18, 1999 15:55
Subject: Re: [Leica] Consistent underexposure - what am I (a newbie) doing
wrong?

> You pay $36 (!) to have a roll of film developed
> and printed?

If I wanted it printed it would be about $40+.  I pay about $20 for the film and
for the development, E-6, 36 exposures of Provia 100, unmounted in four-exposure
strips in plastic sleeves (I don't have them mounted because I just scan them,
and mounting costs more and takes longer).

> Where in the blazes are you located?

Paris, France.

> I pay around $8 or so at my local pro lab.  The
> 1-hour guys are even cheaper.

The place I go to is a 1-hour place with fairly good quality work (a chain, but
a conscientious one).  This is pretty much the going rate for such labs around
here, from what I can tell, although some charge more.  Pro labs charge more.

  -- Anthony