Subject: [Leica] senior portraits with contax G and Leica R4
From: "KPETERS" <KPETERS@huntel.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 22:31:07 -0500

- ------=_NextPart_000_0018_01BF0225.803585A0

Took senior photos today for a friend's daughter who wasn't pleased with =
her professional photographers' work.  Just a few rolls of b/w and =
colour traditional portraiture.  I used my Contax G1 and the Leica R4 =
with portra 160 and the new Kodak b/w c-41 film.  Anyways, both worked =
great, but I must say that the Contax is still amazing me.  72 perfectly =
exposed, perfectly focussed portraits-- some with the studio lights, =
some with ambient light/reflector outside.  Clarity, with the 90mm zeiss =
lens is no problem.  The 90mm summicron rules for close ups, though, and =
I must say the colours from both lenses appear identical through the =
processing.  I use a metz flash/ motordrive with the r4 and it's an =
impressive piece of machinery when all together, the contax just looks =
like your mother in laws camera to most people.  Very unintimidating!   =
Perfect weather outside today too!  Corn and beans are ripe and ready =
for harvest, light breeze, upper 60s/low 70s. =20

Also wanted to ask those of you in love with the old mechanics if anyone =
had any experience with the Enfield motorcycles?  Our local motorcycle =
dealer just started selling them and they are quite interesting!  500cc, =
one big cylinder, one carburator, kick start.  The IIIf of motorcycles!  =
And really neat!  British styling, etc....  Just wondering if anyone out =
there had checked them out!???   Anyways, seemed like something that an =
old Leica buff would like to have in their garage for photo adventuring! =
  Peace to all and have a great weekend!  Kpeters
http://www.huntel.net/kpeters/index.html

- ------=_NextPart_000_0018_01BF0225.803585A0

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000>Took senior photos today for a friend's =
daughter who=20
wasn't pleased with her professional photographers' work.&nbsp; Just a =
few rolls=20
of b/w and colour traditional portraiture.&nbsp; I used my Contax G1 and =
the=20
Leica R4 with portra 160 and the new Kodak b/w c-41 film.&nbsp; Anyways, =
both=20
worked great, but I must say that the Contax is still amazing me.&nbsp; =
72=20
perfectly exposed, perfectly focussed portraits-- some with the studio =
lights,=20
some with ambient light/reflector outside.&nbsp; Clarity, with the 90mm =
zeiss=20
lens is no problem.&nbsp; The 90mm summicron rules for close ups, =
though, and I=20
must say the colours from both lenses appear identical through the=20
processing.&nbsp; I use a metz flash/ motordrive with the r4 and it's an =

impressive piece of machinery when all together, the contax just looks =
like your=20
mother in laws camera to most people.&nbsp; Very =
unintimidating!&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
Perfect weather outside today too!&nbsp; Corn and beans are ripe and =
ready for=20
harvest, light breeze, upper 60s/low 70s.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000>Also wanted to ask those of you in love with =
the old=20
mechanics if anyone had any experience with the Enfield =
motorcycles?&nbsp; Our=20
local motorcycle dealer just started selling them and they are quite=20
interesting!&nbsp; 500cc, one big cylinder, one carburator, kick =
start.&nbsp;=20
The IIIf of motorcycles!&nbsp; And really neat!&nbsp; British styling,=20
etc....&nbsp; Just wondering if anyone out there had checked them=20
out!???&nbsp;&nbsp; Anyways, seemed like something that an old Leica =
buff would=20
like to have in their garage for photo adventuring!&nbsp;&nbsp; Peace to =
all and=20
have a great weekend!&nbsp; Kpeters</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000><A=20
href=3D"http://www.huntel.net/kpeters/index.html">http://www.huntel.net/k=
peters/index.html</A></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_0018_01BF0225.803585A0--