Subject: [Leica] Re: clandestine photographs of other people
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 17:22:41 -0700

This thread of how to take clandestine photographs of other people without
getting beat-up, pops up over and over.

Ted, Harrison, Tina, and others, are people photographers. But there is a
purpose for their photographing these people. And Ted, Harrison, Tina, and
the others are welcome into whatever the situation is.

But those of you that "sneak" photographs of other people, or photograph
other people's children at a playground... what is it that you do with
these photographs? You cannot publish them, you would neither want to hang
them on your wall, nor have a slide show. Or would you?

I am not being facetious or argumentative. I simply would like to know. Is
it possible to explain the use of the resulting photographs? I have no
desire to do this kind of photography, therefore, without help, I cannot
understand the motive involved.

Thanks,

Jim