Subject: Re: [Leica] Red bump re-gluing question
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 10:06:41 -0400

 InfinityDT's answer is good- too! I just 'discovered' a product that I
heard about listening to Paul Harvey's news program- and it was news to me.
If you are in the US, most home improvement places and hardware stores carry
an epoxy stuff called "JB WELD"- This stuff is great!
It has shear strength, compression strength, pull-like-Hell, and it won't
let go strength- and just a little dab'll do ya!
It's two part- for fixing a red index bump, you could mix what you need with
a tootpick- a blob about .5mm would do- and though it takes a couple of
hours to set up- it does the job, great!
I just tried it to re-attach a filter holder on an enlarger- a tiny bead of
the stuff, and when it cured- a coat of Fargo Enterprises' Flat Black Camera
paint, and the repair is invisible!
Incidentally- this flat black paint is wonderful for touching up the inside
of those old metal lens shades- I bought a Summarit shade, a little rough-
but it was cheaper, and not a collector piece- I used the flat black enamel
around the bressed rim, and inside the shade, and not only does it work mo'
better, it actually looks good!
I also did a couple of ITDOOs as well- it can make an old chipped and well
used shade (which you can usually get cheap!) look pretty good, and perform
like new!
Dan