Subject: Re: [Leica] OFF TOPIC: Durst RCP 20 processor
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 17:45:14 -0400

Roy-
I did a conversion; yes it's worth it but the conversion 'kit' I bought
turned out to not fit the machine I had.
It is basically a toothed gear, an alien wrench and some instructions.- and
I found a similar gear in the "Grainger" catalog- a nationwide industrial
supplier for $37 dollars, and the one I got was $100- the only difference
was that the one in the kit had been bored to the metric size of the shaft,
and even then, I had to have the flange that had the set screws turned down
at a machine shop so it's clear a bracket holding the assembly.
They are neat for color, and B&W- up to 8x10, and it'd be nice if they still
made them. Between darkrooms I sold mine, for $750 with some spare parts,
but regret it now!
BTW- a couple of years ago, the foam cover for the STOP bath roller was
still available, but I hear Durst has gotten a new distributor here in the
US so you might check with them.
Dan