Subject: Re: [Leica] Photogs as subjects/email headers
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 19:17:26 +0200

From: csocolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 1999 15:42
Subject: [Leica] Photogs as subjects/email headers

> At the risk of inciting a flame war, I find the above
> statement as much a crock of merde as HCB spending decades
> photographing strangers and then being a complete asshole
> when someone tries to photograph him.

I apply exactly the same rules to others as I apply to myself.  I don't like
being photographed by _people I know_.  Similarly, if somebody I know expresses
even the slightest reluctance to be photographed, I won't take his picture.  But
in the case of complete strangers, unless they make it clear that they do not
wish to be photographed, I don't see a need to ask their explicit permission in
advance.

  -- Anthony