Subject: Re: [Leica] OFF TOPIC: Durst RCP 20 processor
From: "Edward J Kowaleski" <edwardkg@umd.umich.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 19:31:38 -0400

Roy Zartarian wrote:

> An ancient Durst RCP 20 found its way into my house.  From
> another site I've learned that this venerable contraption needs a
> conversion to handle modern color print chemical processing.
>
> Does anyone have any information about sources for the
> conversion, documentation, etc.?  Is it worth the effort to make the
> thing operational?

I cannot speak to the RCP20 but I did convert a RCP40 to a faster speed
(to use RA chemistry vs EP2 chemistry) by changing an internal pulley so
as to make the thru put speed within Kodak's recommended processing
speed.  Disasembly was pretty easy and the math for calculating the
necesssary pulley diameters was straighforward.  I assume the the
innards of the RCP20 are basically the same except for dual pumps on the
developer.  The entire job cost me less that $10.

I took pics opf the innards while I was making the conversion.  Write me
if you'd like more info.  Ed Kowaleski