Subject: [Leica] Which model Leica?
From: "Jason Hall" <JASON@jbhall.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 19:37:03 +0100

William Boyle Wrote:

>I am trying to identify an old Leica ser. #725 xxx.

It might be a 1954 Black dial IIIF.  It is rare but not unknown for a black
dial to have a self timer, 1954 on red dial IIIF's were all fitted with Self
timers. (LTM - Leica Thread Mount - for Anthony)

and:
>P.S. I hope it's ok for me to have and use this lovely little German
>camera, since don't drink any kind of ale, stout, or beer, don't drive a
>Porsche (though I used to be a pretty decent Porsche mechanic) and my
>only hat is a nondescipt and nameless khaki fisherman's roll-up ;-)

Ahaa, but do you know what the weather is doing in Paris?

and:
>I have a Summaron that bears the marking "Summaron f=3.5cm 1:3.5
>Nr.1553xxx Enrnst Leitz GmbH Wetzlar"

Around 1958 (LTM - Leica Thread Mount - for Anthony)

>Does anyone on the list have any comments on these lenses? What is their
>general reputation?

Its classic Leica, I wish I had one, someone else with first hand experience
can perhaps comment in more detail.

Enjoy it

Jason