Subject: Re: [Leica] Loupe
From: csocolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 17:59:14 -0400

"Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" wrote:

 While I know this> will generate flames from those who own the
Schneider, I am not saying it is
> a bad loupe, just not as good as the Maxwell.  Kind of like comparing a
> Summilux (Maxwell) to a Hektor (Schneider).
>
> Peter K

I have a Schneider loupe and the Maxwell 4X. I love them both but must
say that I tend to use the Maxwell more and more. Better eye-relief and
easier to use with 6x6 negs and trans. Maxwell is something of an
optical eccentric. A real pleasure to chat with and very informative. He
makes a slew of different optical devices for everything from 35mm to
8x10. He also has quite a working knowledge of Leica M cameras and, I
believe, does some repair work on them.

- --
Carl Socolow

http://members.tripod.com/SocPhoto/