Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V12 #35
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1999 10:21:05 -0500

At 10:03 AM 10/4/99 -0400, Dan Post wrote:
>I can safely say that most Wolf Camera labs are well run, they do

I would be using one here, if I didn't have a better option. There's a
camera (sort of) store here in town that has the latest technology in 1
hour photo. Very impressive work, and I know them personally, and know they
are running it right. I doubt a pro lab would do better processing.

I say this camera store is "sort of" because they have found impossible to
stock most camera lines, because the manufacturer's reps. require too large
an inventory of stock. I think right now they only stock Pentax SLRs, maybe
Minolta - if they can keep one in stock, they're really popular here.
Nikon, Canon, Leica and the rest lose out, because of ridiculous
restrictions on amounts of camera equipment they have to have on hand.
Something like one month's sales worth. How do they pay employees? And
guess what sells here? Surprise! Pentax and Minolta. I think camera
manufacturers are stupid and killing their potential sales by catering to
the big boys like B&H and Adorama and their ilk. They kill their own
customer base!

Soapbox mode off.

So they have moved to processing, and have an exhibition gallery and a
coffee shop where live music is played.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Photographs that transcend but do not deny their literal situation appeal
to me.
	-Sam Abell; "Stay This Moment"