Subject: Re: [Leica] Now Focomat 1C Question (was: Has the LUG a future?)
From: DonjR43198@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 17:39:57 EDT

In a message dated 10/5/99 3:20:54 PM Central Daylight Time,
mcclure1@erols.com writes:

<< There is
 nothing at the top of the condenser tube to engage the "ears" of the
 bayonet in the lamp housing.  >>
 The "ears" of the bayonet are not part of the glass condenser or the tube in
which the glass condenser lens is mounted.  The "ears" are part of the "cap"
that fits over the spring.  The "cap" puts the spring under compression and
hold the condenser assembly down against the negative.  That is my best
recollection.  At this moment I do not have an Ic but have had and used an Ic
for many, many years.

Hope you have all the parts.  This is a beautiful enlarger.