Subject: Re: [Leica] noct performance
From: "JOEL S. VILLANUEVA" <opcvil@pworld.net.ph>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 01:35:22 +0800

Hello Ted,

>I believe you are talking about two different lenses. The lens you're
>referring to 0.95 is long out of production. But in the movie "Tom Jones"
>one was adapted to fit a movie camera and all the available light candle
>lit scenes were shot using this lens. It was quite dramatic looking that
>only available light and a lens of this wide aperture could have created he
>intimate feelings.

I was indeed talking about the Canon 50mm f/0.95 for the Canon 7s, which
Jonathan and Joseph also pointed out in there mails.  Pardon me for not
knowing about the later productions.  I read somewhere that Canon also made
the same lens for movie use which can be use also for the 7s but you will
not be able to use the rangefinder focus.

snipped from another mail from Ted:

>>So I guess I'd have to say, "Just for the hell of it!" to buy the 0.95 :)

I guess this was also my reason why I bought this camera and lens from an
old camera shop...I have read about the Noctilux from the LUG and have tried
it when my friend lent his Nocti to me... I think the Canon lens is no match
to the Nocti...Well, it was there...and it is a rare combination....

Regards,
Joel